Jewelry designer Vincenzi teaches simple measures that can guarantee the brightness and beauty of your pet parts for much longer
Be them old, “family”, or more recent, you must keep the jewels always clean and bem-armazenadas – otherwise considerable damage may occur or even the loss of the part, both by natural wear and use of inappropriate cleaning materials. Shower baths, sea or pool can also accelerate such deterioration. To avoid injury, Vincenzi has elaborated a guide with 10 tips for those who wish to have impeccable jewelry. Advice helps prevent stains and other damage to gems and help in the correct maintenance of gold and silver.
— Small and simple care guarantees beautiful jewelry for a long time. Well-preserved pieces are passed from generation to generation, providing a unique history of love and family tradition. Therefore it is important to keep rings, necklaces, earrings and bracelets with all affection — justifies the designer.
- Avoid placing perfumes or creams with the jewelry in your body. The contact of these beauty products directly on the part can cause irreversible damage to natural stones and/or pearls.
- Avoid sleeping with your jewelry. During sleep, when we are unaware of the movements, we can cause damage to metals and precious stones.
- The handling of the jewellery must always be done in the delicate way possible to avoid scratches or breaks.
- Try to keep your jewelry separately so that, in contact with each other, do not suffer damage.
- Avoid showering, sea or swimming pool with your jewelry. Always try to remove it so that it does not break and to preserve the gold or rhodium bath given in the silver pieces.
- In gold-plated parts there is a natural wear. To keep them new jewelry, it is recommended to give new gold bath whenever necessary.
- To clean your jewelry, simply use a clean, dry flannel. It’s enough to ensure cleanliness and brightness.
- Avoid the use of abrasives or ready-to-clean formulas.
- Pearls should preferably be stored in a flannel and moisture-free place.
- To avoid damage to some stones, try to handle your jewelry always holding the rim or the metal area.