According to top-mba-universities, Woodside, Delaware is a small city located in the eastern part of the state. It is a picturesque community with rolling hills, lush forests, and winding rivers. The climate in Woodside is mild, with warm summers and cold winters. The average temperature during the summer months is around 75 degrees Fahrenheit and winters average around 30 degrees Fahrenheit.
The history of Woodside dates back to colonial times. It was originally settled by Dutch colonists who established a trading post near the Nanticoke River. In 1783, Woodside was officially incorporated as a town and it has been growing ever since.
Politically, Woodside is part of New Castle County and falls under Delaware’s state government system. The economy of Woodside is largely supported by small businesses, including retail stores, restaurants, and professional services such as accounting firms.
Woodside offers several schools for students from kindergarten through high school including public schools, private schools, and charter schools. There are also several colleges within driving distance from Woodside such as the University of Delaware and Wilmington College.
Woodside has many landmarks that bring life to the city’s culture including Historic Old Woodsides Inn which was built in 1790 and still stands today as one of the oldest buildings in town; Fort DuPont which served as an important military fortification during World War II; and The Nanticoke Indian Museum which celebrates the history of Native American tribes who lived in this region long before European settlers arrived in America.
Males: 1,032 (47.5%), Females: 1,142 (52.5%)
Zip code: 19962
Median resident age: 30.3 years
Median household income: $32,431
Median house value: $112,100
Races in Woodside East:
- White Non-Hispanic (65.5%)
- Black (28.2%)
- Two or more races (3.2%)
- Hispanic (2.4%)
- American Indian (1.6%)
- Other race (0.9%)
Ancestries: German (10.4%), Irish (9.8%), English (6.1%), United States (5.5%), Scottish (4.5%), Italian (3.1%).
Land area: 1.7 square miles
Woodside, Delaware is a small town located in Sussex County with a population of just over 1,200 people. It is a quiet, rural community that is known for its beautiful scenery and friendly atmosphere. The majority of the population is comprised of white Americans, but there is also a substantial Hispanic and Latino population as well. The median age of the inhabitants is around 40 years old, and most of the residents are employed either in farming or in local businesses. There are several churches located throughout the town, including Methodist and Baptist churches. Education is important to many families in Woodside, and the Woodside School District offers quality education for students from kindergarten to 12th grade. There are also several parks throughout the town where residents can enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, and camping. Overall, Woodside has an inviting atmosphere that makes it easy for newcomers to feel welcomed and accepted into the community.
For population 25 years and over in Woodside East
- High school or higher: 74.0%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 15.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.9%
- Unemployed: 11.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 22.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Woodside East CDP
- Never married: 31.8%
- Now married: 50.5%
- Separated: 3.7%
- Widowed: 2.6%
- Divorced: 11.4%
3.5% Foreign born (2.0% Asia, 1.5% Europe).
Hospitals/medical centers near Woodside East:
- BAYHEALTH MEDICAL CENTER (about 8 miles; DOVER, DE)
- NANTICOKE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL INC (about 30 miles; SEAFORD, DE)
- SOUTH JERSEY HOSPITAL SYSTEM (about 34 miles; BRIDGETON, NJ)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Woodside East:
- DOVER AFB (about 8 miles; DOVER, DE; Abbreviation: DOV)
- NEW CASTLE COUNTY (about 42 miles; WILMINGTON, DE; Abbreviation: ILG)
- SALISBURY-OCEAN CITY WICOMICO REGIONAL (about 51 miles; SALISBURY, MD; Abbreviation: SBY)
Other public-use airports nearest to Woodside East:
- HENDERSON AVIATION (about 5 miles; FELTON, DE; Abbreviation: 0N6)
- JENKINS (about 5 miles; WYOMING, DE; Abbreviation: 15N)
- DELDOT HELISTOP (about 6 miles; DOVER, DE; Abbreviation: 0N5)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Woodside East:
- DELAWARE STATE UNIVERSITY (about 8 miles; Dover, DE; Full-time enrollment: 2,641)
- DELAWARE TECHNICAL AND COMMUNITY COLLEGE-OWENS (about 29 miles; GEORGETOWN, DE; Full-time enrollment: 2,053)
- UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE (about 35 miles; NEWARK, DE; Full-time enrollment: 17,786)
- DELAWARE TECHNICAL & COMM COLL-STANTON-WILMINGTON (about 41 miles; NEWARK, DE; Full-time enrollment: 3,817)
- WILMINGTON COLLEGE (about 42 miles; NEW CASTLE, DE; Full-time enrollment: 3,087)
- SALISBURY STATE UNIVERSITY (about 48 miles; SALISBURY, MD; Full-time enrollment: 5,645)
- ROWAN UNIVERSITY (about 53 miles; GLASSBORO, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 7,587)